The Regional Schools’ Buying Hubs will provide procurement and purchasing expertise and specialist advice to help deliver better value to the participating eligible schools in the regions.
In return, all participants need to agree to the following:
- We fully understand and accept/agree on behalf of the school to all our responsibilities as set out within this Participation Agreement and the Service Statement/Roles and Responsibilities document.
- We understand that the services being provided by the Regional Schools’ Buying Hub (“the Hub”) shall not in any way affect our obligations to comply with EU procurement law and Department guidance including but not limited to the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and the Academies Financial Handbook 2019 (and any other guidance the Department would like to explicitly refer to). For the avoidance of doubt, the Department shall bear no liability to any participants as a result of their use of the Regional Schools’ Buying Hubs.
- We understand that the Hub services are provided on the proviso that there is Governing Body/Trust approval to do so at each relevant stage of the procurement process.
- We understand that the services offered and/or provided by the Hub are wholly funded by the Department for Education (the Department) and may be varied without notice or be withdrawn at any time. Whilst the Department will endeavour to communicate these changes, such changes may occur at short notice and without consultation.
- By requesting support from the Hub, We agree to provide any reasonably required information (including financial) or feedback as requested by the Department or its contractors, from time to time and understand that such information is vital in assessing the effectiveness and impact of the service delivery.
- We will, where appropriate, share relevant details of the school’s non-pay spend current contracts and procurement activities undertaken in the past 12 months. This will enable the Department providers to continuously improve the services offered and identify opportunity for aggregated contracting.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If the Hub does not receive a signed copy of the Participation Agreement but you continue to use the Regional Schools’ Buying Hub, you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Participation Agreement.