This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Regus Offices, 1 Friary, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6EA.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to school, trust, supplier and partner enquiries
- Other information pertaining to contract information, features, events and surveys
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand how best to support your school or trust, enabling us to deliver improved Schools’ Buying Hub South West services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our internal records, shared with the Department for Education.
- To improve the procurement advisory services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about the Schools’ Buying Hub South West services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, webchat, telephone or mail for research reasons.
Controlling information about you
Data that you provide is controlled and handled by us.
- Data that you provide will only be used as described above
- We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties
- Data may be held for five years unless you specifically request in writing that it is return and/or destroyed
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 2018.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit. This is important information that will help inform the Department for Education about the service that the Schools’ Buying Hub South West provides to its school and trust users.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside of this one.
domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.